Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Happy Birthday Trager!!



Yesterday was my favorite person's birthday! Trager is just about as sweet as they come when it's his big day. He wants a quiet evening at home with me...and some treats of course! He's not looking for anyone to fuss over him or tell him how wonderful or kiss him about 35 times. I think this is why I have so much fun doing it anyway :)

We both had to work all day, but one of his good friends made sure all of his coworkers sang him "Happy Birthday!" Gotta love a guy who gets everyone to sing to your man! After work we headed straight to the grocery store to pick up supplies for Trager's birthday dinner. (Normally, I would have all of this already stocked and ready to go, but we had some bad weather this past weekend and Trag was out of town at a rodeo with his Dad...so we improvised!)

^^^Guac, Guac, Guac!!!^^^


Trager has had his birthday meal planned since Christmas and it was a bit of a tall order. The guacamole covered beauty in the first picture is what the Gowens family calls a "Zinger." And they are dang good! It's basically a chimichanga...which isn't too terribly hard, other than the grease it is cooked in that is begging to burn your skin when you go in to flip them! I made it out unscathed...so it was a win!

Next up was the candle covered Vanilla Texas Sheet Cake! I'd had this treat before, but it was made at the masterful hands of my mother-in-law...so when Trager asked for that as his birthday cake I was a little intimidated. After adding all the sugar, cream cheese, and margarine a person can handle, the cake turned out just fine! I'll call it a birthday miracle :)

^^^ Bonus points if anyone can tell me where Trag's "claw shirt" is from!^^^

My mom and dad stopped by for a piece of cake and to help me sing "Happy Birthday!" And then we spent the rest of the night cuddled up on the couch. It was pretty perfect :)
I'm so grateful this handsome man was born! He just gets better with time. 
And I can't wait to see what this next year brings to him. 

I love you, Trager!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment