Tuesday, March 10, 2015

POPS.


 Over the weekend Trager and I went to fun little joint called Pops in Arcadia, OK with a couple of our close friends, Curtis and Brooklyn Greendwood. This gas station turned diner is off of historic Route 66 and was packed on Saturday night. It was so high energy and eccentric that you can't help but have a great time while you're there! Since we went I haven't been able to stop asking everyone I see if they've been there and apparently everyone knew about this little hidden "secret." Here's the funny thing...I am a proud, born and raised Oklahoman and these friends of ours are friends from Utah.
 How did I miss out on this long-time Oklahoma landmark? I mean, look at that giant lit-up pop bottle up there?! How did I miss that? 
I may have to have those Utah friends show me around more often :)




This place was literally decorated with Pop bottles! The walls were lined with bottles glued to glass shelves. This was such a colorful and interesting way to decorate!! I think half of the time we spent there was used perusing these fun walls with drinks ranging from Root Beer to Lemon Meringue Pie! 
Also, any place that has trees donned with Christmas lights year round is all right in my book!!


Okay, now we need to take a minute here...look at this little honey! I don't have any pictures from the night with here cute parents {Brooklyn, how did we let this happen?!?} but this picture with her flippin' cute pigtails is everything. 
We may have taken around 14 pictures to get this one, but it was definitely worth it. 
{And yes, the baby hunger is fierce!}



^^^"Hippo Huckleberry" was by far the favorite of all the pop! Just the right amount of sweet!^^^

^^^I almost want to leave this picture alone and not mention how quickly that burger was gone...let's just say I was the first one done :)^^^



At the end of the night we were full and happy! We had such a good time we even took a few other flavors to try...and maybe another "Hippo Huckleberry." It was seriously that good!! 
I know everywhere has places like this, but I sure do love these little Oklahoma hot spots. 
But, I may be a tad partial :)

No comments :

Post a Comment