Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Night at The Nutcracker


^^^Gotta love a $5 ornament...Laura got quite the deal!^^^

Over the weekend, my friend Laura and I went to see The Nutcracker in Oklahoma City. I went last year with my mom and sister, Hunter, and since then decided it was a must for the holiday season! I love ballet in general, but don't get to attend many performance which makes these outings to see The Nutcracker even more special! 

Laura and I went to dinner before heading up and it was just so fun to chat with her! I need to make more time like this with my friends. After we finished eating, it was time for the main event! The lobby was packed when we got there so our chance at well-lit pictures went out the window. Instead, we bought some treats and headed up to our section. One of my favorite parts of going to The Nutcracker is watching all the Mom's with their little girls. But, this year my favorite pair was a daddy/daughter duo. They caught the elevator up with us to our seats. The little girl had on a pink tulle skirt and a paper Burger King crown. Her curly red hair hung down under the crown and she sort of bounced from one foot to another with her nervous excitement. Her dad held her hand and looked almost as excited to be there. He was obviously not the type of guy who actively looks for chances to go to the ballet, but he did look like the type of Dad who got excited when he knew how much his daughter was going to love the show. It was really cute to see, even if it was just for the ride up!

The show was fantastic, as expected! The company had a big donation this year and were able to buy new costumes and a new set. It was absolutely beautiful! Another thing I love about The Nutcracker is the familiarity of the music. Once the second act begins, I recognize most of the pieces! And who could deny how wonderful the dancing is, I mean seriously...the Arabian dance kills me every time! Overall, it was definitely another memorable evening at
  The Nutcracker!







No comments :

Post a Comment